This recipe makes one litre.
The minty flavour is most intense the day of making, thereafter it starts to weaken.
Moroccan style mint tea
3 tea bags (I used Ceylon, but you can use any tea of your choice)
1 mug full of fresh mint leaves (remove stalks and rinse leaves, press down in mug so really chokka)
3 dessert spoons sugar
To serve: ice cubes, slice of lime / lemon / orange, sprigs of mint.
- Boil 1 litre of water.
- Place tea bags, sugar and mint into a heatproof container, suitable to brew the tea. (It is best not to use metal).
- Pour water over tea etc.
- Brew for 5 minutes, then remove teabags.
- Leave to cool, covered with clean tea towel.
- Once cool, taste and add more sugar if needed.
- To serve, fill glass with ice cubes, pour in tea, add sprig of mint and slice of lemon or lime or orange.