Herby Roasted New Potatoes
I have not put any quantities for this recipe, as it depends very much on how many potatoes you like to eat!
Fresh or dried herbs (I use fresh and a mixture of thyme, oregano, savoury, rosemary, but you can use what you like. If you use dried, do not use too much as their flavour can be quite intense)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. If the oven is already on, the temperature can be flexible. You may need to alter the time. If the oven is below 150C / 300F / Gas 2, then the potatoes will not crispen up.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are almost cooked. (You can use left over cooked potatoes, and they will be just as tasty, go to stage 4 if using cooked new potatoes).
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to dry in their own heat.
- Cut them if necessary so they are all a similar size. Place in a bowl
- Toss the potatoes in sunflower oil so they are just coated. Now sprinkle with salt and herbs (I use about 1 tbs of fresh herbs for 2 people), mix well.
- Place potatoes into a roasting dish and then into the oven.
- Roast for 40 + minutes until golden and crispy.