This is a two day course
10.00 am – 4.00pm daily
All ingredients for foods you make, lunch, tasters and refreshments included in cost.
The idea of this course is to begin to learn how to budget, shop, basic food safety and prepare a few simple dishes.
Information on how to store food, clean as you go, using leftovers will be discussed through out the two days.
The actual dishes we cook is not specified as it depends on the likes of the individuals taking part.
- Start by discussing how to prepare a weekly shopping list and where to shop. Also discuss store cupboard essentials.
- Demonstration of 2 dishes using the shopping list, showing knife skills and discussing food safety.
- Cook a dish, using the weekly shopping list and have it for lunch.
- Prepare a main course and pudding to take home for evening meal.
- Write a menu plan for a week and make a shopping list.
- Cook a selection of dishes learning different techniques. There will be dishes to take home.
- Discuss how to use the leftover bits at the end of the week.
Cost for course:
£195.00 (this includes the items you take home )
If 4 people book as a group, you pay for 3.All prices quoted are subject to change due to fluctuating costs of ingredients. Notice will always be given.
How to prepare for the course:
Make a list of your favourite foods. Send these to Sandy at least one week before the course.
What you need to bring:
questions, bags / containers to take home your cooked items.