This is a one day course
10.00 am – 4.00 pm
All the ingredients, items you take home, some basic ingredients to take home and get you started, lunch, tasters and refreshments are included in cost.
At the end if this day you will:
- have explored the different influences which have made Malaysian cooking what it is;
- looked at the ingredients used;
- discussed where to buy the ingredients and how to store them;
- understand the principals of Malaysian cooking and prepared some dishes.
Program for the day:
- introduction to the ingredients;
- discussion of use, purchase and storage of basic ingredients;
- demonstration of a laksa (curried seafood soup), baked fish, stir fried vegetables.
- have lunch (3 guesses as to what it will be!);
- make 3 dishes *(chicken rendang , pork satay and satay sauce, 2 different sambals) to take home.
- chat about puddings
If you would prefer to cook just pescatarian, vegetarian or vegan, no problem, just let me know at time of enquiry.
* 4 portions of each are made.
Cost for day:
£125.00 (this includes items you take home, some basic ingredients to take home and get you started, lunch, tasters and refreshments).
All prices quoted are correct at time of publication, but could be subject to change due to fluctuating costs of ingredients. Notice will always be given
If 4 people book as a group, you pay for 3.
How to prepare for the course:
Bring any questions you have / let Sandy know in advance if you have any particular dishes you would like to explore.
We use seafood, so this course is not suitable if you have a shell fish allergy.