This is a one day course
9.30 am – 4.00pm
All ingredients for foods you make, lunch, tasters and refreshments included in cost.
The course is aimed at :
- people intolerant to wheat and gluten,
- those cooking for people who can’t tolerate wheat and gluten,
- people who just wish to have less wheat and gluten in their diet.
During the day we will:
- look at how delicious food can be cooked, both savoury and sweet, with different textures and perfect to serve to all the family and friends,
- discuss what gluten is and how it works in cooking,
- weigh up substitutes versus re-looking at your menu,
- look at how we can imaginatively create dishes without relying on the properties of gluten,
- demonstration of how to cook various pastas while maintaining a good texture and flavour,
- demonstration of how no soups or casseroles require gluten,
- prepare a gluten free lunch
- prepare dishes for a delicious 3 course meal,
- demonstration of a perfect risotto with rice,
- make a cake
The 3 course meal and cake will be made to take home.
It is very difficult to cover any more in one day, if after this day you are interested in looking at more dishes, particularly baking, I could arrange a further course.
Cost for day:
£125.00 (this includes items you take home, lunch, tasters and refreshments).
All prices quoted are correct at time of publication, but could be subject to change due to fluctuating costs of ingredients. Notice will always be given
If 4 people book as a group, you pay for 3.
How to prepare for the course:
Bring any questions you have / let Sandy know in advance if you have any particular dishes you would like to explore and if there are any foods you don’t like.
If you want to discuss any details or dates, please contact Sandy.