Well you can’t avoid this BIG day. Whether you are embracing the event or are just spending some time with family and friends, tea will be drunk. To accompany the traditional cuppa scones and / or spice buns are a great accompaniment. Scones are quick to make, part of the mixture can be prepared in advance – younger family members can help make these (or make them on their own)!
To celebrate the Royal Wedding many companies large an small have produced a commemorative product:
- In collaborationwith Waitrose, Heston Blumenthal has designed a “Royal Trifle,” a combination of the classic trifle and Eton mess.
- Pieminister have created the “Kate and Wills” pie, filled with British Beef, red wine, bacon, button onions, mushrooms and a dash of brandy.
- The Big Bang in Oxford has painted their restuarant front with the Union Jack and is serving the “Royal pork and cider” banger.
- Country Life have launched the “Great British Butter” pack, proudly wrapped in the Union Jack.
- Twinnings have created the Royal Wedding Blend of white Earl Grey tea.
- Castle Rock Brewery is making a traditional ale called “Kiss me Kate”.
- If you know of any more, let me know.