Quiche filling suggestions.
In no particular order.
I haven’t included herbs in many cases, but chopped parsley goes with nearly everything, oregano is great with tomatoes, rosemary with mushrooms, thyme with most things, chives with smoked haddock – just experiment!
I always add some grated nutmeg to my egg mixture.
If using any vegetable or uncooked ingredient, cook it first. This is important as it won’t cook fully in the quiche, and often adds water to the mixture if not first cooked.
- Smoked haddock and spinach (with or without Pecorino cheese)
- Smoked salmon and cherry tomato
- Salmon, spinach and ricotta
- Parma ham or pancetta and fresh asparagus
- Smoked ham and Gruyere
- Ham, onion and tomato with cheddar
- Honey roast ham and mushroom
- Sausage and tomato
- Chorizo and sundried tomato
- Chorizo and spinach
- Black pudding and mushroom
- Chicken and pesto
- Caramelised onion with cheddar or other cheese
- Caramelised onion, cheddar and a bit of mustard
- Fresh asparagus, sage and ricotta
- Butternut squash, sage and ricotta
- Spinach, ricotta and roasted hazelnut or pine-nut
- Roasted cherry tomato and cheddar or brie
- Roasted cherry tomato, basil and parmesan
- Mushroom and goats cheese
- Rosted mushroom and Stilton
- Caramelised red onion and goats cheese
- Roasted aubergine slice wrapped around basil and mozzerrella
- Brocoli and Stilton