This recipe was given to me by Eric, one of the deli cusomers. It is delicious, quick and easy.
Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
Portions depend on size of chicken.
The recipe below uses half a chicken, in line with the “one chicken, two people, three meals” suggestion.
Half a chicken (legs and thighs removed)(weight of whole chicken 1.5kg)
1 – 2 lemons, sliced
1 – 2 heads of garlic (peeled)
- In a roasting tin, gently place the chicken on the slices of lemon and garlic cloves, try to fill the cavity.
- Salt the top of the chicken.
- Place in a preheated oven 160c / 325f / gas 3.
- Roast slowly for around 60 minutes. The chicken is cooked when the juices run clear when poked with a skewer (or the meat at the centre is 70 C when probed).
- Take the chicken out of the tin, place on a warmed plate and cover gently.
- Add 2 – 3 tbs of water to the roasting tin and squash lemons and garlic with a fork of potato masher, heat through. Serve this delicious sauce with your chicken.
This is delicious served with roast potatoes and caraway cabbage.