Another recipe from my mother, she did and does cook and bake dishes other than chocolate ones.
Chocolate Surprise Pudding
At least 4 portions – will stretch to 6
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
75g Self-raising flour
2 level Tablespoons cocoa
2 Tablespoons milk
100g brown sugar
2 level tablespoons cocoa
½ pint hot water
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla essence.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Mix in milk.
- Pour into Pyrex or similar dish.
- Mix last three ingredients together to form a syrup (sugar, cocoa, water) and pour on top of cake mixture.
- When cooked the syrup will be at the bottom.
- Bake 190 c/ 375 f /gas mark 5 for approx. 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or hot with cream or ice-cream