The first signs of spring are in the air, we are coming out of hibernation and enjoying the longer days. Some of us may even be inspired to invite some friends over for dinner. With soaring food costs this can become very expensive. Below are a couple of menu suggestions, which will be delicious whilst not breaking the bank.
- Carrot and ginger soup
- Lamb casserole (Lamb is incredibly expensive at the moment. Neck is a cheap cut loaded with flavour)
Parsnip and potato mash
Green vegetable (check out what looks good and is priced right – cabbage is lovely at the moment)
- Lemon tart served with creme fraiche
- Smoked mackerel pate served with buttered wholemeal toast .
- Chicken breasts baked in puy lentils, sherry vinegar, caramelised shallots and tarragon
Parsley and garlic mash
Braised red cabbage
- Chocolate Mousse (you can use a different recipe, this one is a little extravagant – to die for!)