Spinach, Ricotta and Pine-nut Tortilla
Makes enough for 4 as a main meal, 6 – 8 as a light meal
1 non stick pan, 30cm diameter
275g diced parboiled potatoes
6 large eggs
Double cream (make volume of eggs up to 450ml with cream)
Salt, pepper and nutmeg
400g spinach (thoroughly clean and wilt)
1 tbs toasted pine-nuts
- Preheat oven to a medium high temperature
- Place the pan on top of the stove, gently melt the butter.
- Add the potatoes and gently cook for 3 minutes – do not brown.
- Add the spinach, ricotta and pine-nuts to the pan, spread over the potatoes ad hoc.
- Gently beat the eggs, cream and seasoning together and pour over mixture in pan.
- Cook gently on top of stove for 5 minutes, then place in oven for a further 20 minutes until egg mixture has set and top is golden.
- Rest for 5 – 10 minutes before cutting.
This is delicious served warm or cold. Accompany with a selection of salads and some crusty bread.
You can substitute the toppings for many different things (spinach, goats cheese and hazelnut; butternut squash and ricotta; mushroom and stilton; smoked haddock and cheddar; sausage, bacon and tomato; chorizo and tomato; blanched broad beans, feta and hint of mint; etc etc)