Makes about 1 1/4 lb or 650g
200g chestnuts (cooked weight)
1 onions – finely diced
125 g butter
1/2 stick celery – finely diced
8 juniper berries / 1 tsp coriander seeds crushed together
1 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs orange juice
*200 fresh white bread crumbs
- Lightly fry the onions in the butter for 3 minutes. Add the celery and cook gently for a further 2 minutes, adding the crushed juniper and coriander seeds.
- Crush the chestnuts (I find rolling them with a rolling pin works). Add to the mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes. Cool
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- You can freeze once cold. It should keep unfrozen for about 5 days.
- To cook place uncovered in a medium oven for at least 30 minutes (depending on how thick it is).
*The bread crumbs can be replaced by a couple of tbs of oatmeal if you want to make a wheat free stuffing.