Monday 6th November 2017
- The last wine bar of 2017 had a great atmosphere and was as busy as ever. Thank you to all who have supported us this year – a special shout out to the persons that sat outside for hours on Friday, shrouded in blankets, warmed by wine….
- Bookings are now being taken for Novembers dining club, Thursday 30th, provisional menu is here.
- The nights are drawing in, comfort food is becoming desirable. Mince is great as a cheapish comfort food – here are some great recipes to get you going.
- Are you ready for insect candy? Here is a business embracing the market.
Cooking this week:
Collection this week is Thursday, 3pm – 5pm
- Carrot, red lentil, cumin and coriander soup @ £2.75 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen) (wheat and gluten free)
- Chicken tagine with preserved lemon and olives (aromatic tagine with chicken cooked on the bone) @ £6.45 per 395g portion (order fresh or frozen)(wheat, gluten and dairy free)
- Shepherds pie (minced lamb ragout with delicious mash on top) £6..25 per 400g portion
- Butternut squash, chickpea and spinach tagine @ £6.00 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen) (dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Individual lemon tart @ £4.25 each (plenty for one, and enough for 2 to share) (order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Wednesday 8th November
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Thursday 9th November, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.