Monday 10th October 2016
- Thanks to all who “popped” into the Wine Bar last Friday evening, a very buzzy early shift, with a tranquil end. The last one of 2016 “pops up” on Friday 4th November.
- Greenhouse tomatoes are coming to an end. If you have any red tomatoes left or just love cooking with tomatoes, here are some great ideas from the esteemed Yotam Ottolenghi.
Cooking this week:
- Chorizo and cannellini bean soup @£2.50 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Venison, root vegetable, redcurrant and red wine pie or casserole @ £6.35 per 400g portion (pie topped with shortcrust pastry)(dairy free and gluten free if casserole)(order fresh or frozen)
- Thai chicken curry (with lemon grass, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaf and ginger, etc..) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (dairy and whet free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cheese and potato pie (layers of potatoes in a delicious cheesey mixture) @ £5.50 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Traditional bread and butter pudding (made with sultanas)(wheat and gluten free) @ £5.85 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 13th October
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 14th October between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.