Monday 26th September 2016
- There are still a couple of places left for Thursday’s dining club. Get in touch if you would like to book. The menu theme is Italian
- Planning for October’s wine bar is in full swing – lain and Oli are pondering the wines and I’m putting the final touches to the menu which will have a Spanish theme. Hope you can make it and fingers crossed for another balmy evening 🙂
- Well, well, well – a new super food is replacing the avocado, the beautiful aubergine….
- And on the aubergine theme, here are some delicious looking Yotam aubergine recipes – particularly like the look of the one with anchovies and oregano.
Cooking this week:
- Butternut squash, coconut and lemon grass soup with a hint of chili @£2.50 for 450ml portion (gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Moussaka (delicious ground lamb layered with roasted aubergine) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, ham and mushroom pie or casserole @ £6.35 per 400g (pastry is home-made shortcrust) (gluten free if casserole) (order fresh or frozen)
- Porchetta (slow roasted rolled belly pork with lemon, fennel etc) baked with braised fennel in a white wine sauce @ £6.35 per 375g portion (gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted aubergine stuffed with a Sicilian ragout @ £6.00 per portion (gluten) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Tiramisu @ £3.95 per portion (much chocolate, coffee and Marsala)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 29th September
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email email@example.com.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 30th September between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.