Monday 29th August 2016
- After a months break the wine bar is all set to go, Friday 2nd September from 6pm. With an Italian food theme and many fab wines (beers, spirits and delicious non alcoholic drinks too), we look forward to seeing you.
- The summer hols are coming to an end, thinking about returning to the school week routine. Next week is week 36 of 2016, check out my seasonal weekly pasta recipes, a quick fix for a weekday evening meal.
- Elizabeth David is one of my favourite food / recipe writers. Here is a great selection of her recipes chosen by current chefs, stating why they like the recipes.
- Great Croatian proverb – very apt as we approach the mushroom foraging season: “All mushrooms are edible, some only once” – heed well….
Cooking this week:
- Plenty of soups in the freezer to choose from @ £2.50 per 450ml portion
- Chicken tarragon (Sutton Hoo chicken cooked with fresh tarragon, stock and lemon, finished with creme fraiche) @ £6.35 per 400g portion (gluten free)( order fresh or frozen)
- Pork, dried plum and Armangac pie or casserole @ £6.15 per 450g (pie topped with shortcrust pastry, casserole is gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie madras curry (a selection of veggies with lentils in a medium curry sauce) @ £5.80 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free and vegan)
- Italian style macaroni cheese, baked with peas, mozarella, Gorgonzola and pecorino @ £6.00 per 500g
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Apple, sultana and cinnamon crumble @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 1st September
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email email@example.com.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 2nd September between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.