Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 20th June 2016
- Redcurrants are starting to ripen and lavender is flowering, this redcurrant, orange and lavender cake is delicious.
- Beans are coming into season, here is a yummy sounding recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi with a this twist.
Cooking this week:
- Beetroot and horseradish soup @ £2.50 per 450ml portion (delicious served hot or chilled) (order fresh or frozen) (gluten free).
- Beef massaman curry (medium Thai curry with potato, coconut milk, peanuts, spices, lemon grass, galangal and fish sauce) @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)(dairy and gluten free)
- Chicken Provencal (Sutton Hoo chicken baked with white wine, tomatoes, garlic and black olives) @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)(dairy and gluten free)
- Cashew and green bean massaman curry (medium Thai curry with potato, coconut milk, peanuts, spices, lemon grass, galangal) @ £6.00 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)(gluten and dairy free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Strawberry and rhubarb pleasure pot @ £2.95 each (Greek style yogurt with stewed rhubarb and fresh strawberries with a dash of rosewater)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 23rd June
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 24th June between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.