Monday 13th June 2016
- Elderflowers are everywhere. Whether you fancy having a go at cordial (which keeps longer if you freeze it), fritters or ice-cream, just click here. The best time to pick elderflowers is first thing in the morning – ideally they should be fully open and not turning brown at the edges.
- Are you a chocolate spread fan? Here’s a great recipe to make your own. If you want to get sophisticated try using chocolate with different cocoa percentages and adding hazelnut flavour.
Cooking this week:
- Broad bean, pea and mint soup @ £2.50 per 450ml portion(delicious served hot or chilled) (order fresh or frozen) (gluten and free).
- Spanish chicken (pieces of Sutton Hoo chicken breast slowly baked with tomatoes, chorizo, peppers and olives) @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Moroccan spiced lamb filo parcels with pinenuts and currants @ £6.25 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Spanish bean stew (butterbeans baked with tomatoes, peppers, olives and smoked paprika) @ £6.00 per 395g portion (order fresh or frozen)(gluten and dairy free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Rosewater meringues (large and chewy) @ £2.95 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 16th June
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 17th June between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.