Monday 18th April 2016
- This months dining club, Thursday 28th has a Yotam Ottolenghi theme. Click here for an outline of the menu, and let me know if you would like to come.
- The days are getting longer, thoughts (hopes) of sunny days and get togethers are beginning to emerge. If you are planning a “do”, take a look at how Cornucopia can help take the stress out of the food element.
- The race to be the first to put British asparagus on the shelves – already on the shelves? Are the early ones tasty? How to choose and what to do with them….
Cooking this week:
- Roasted mushroom, bacon and barley soup @ £2.50 for 450ml. (order fresh or frozen)
- Pork, dried plum and armangac pie or casserole (topped with home-made shortcrust pastry if pie, can be gluten free if casserole) @ £6.00 for 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Spanish chicken dish (Sutton Hoo chicken, cooked on the bone or off (you choose), baked with tomatoes, peppers, sweet onion, potato wedges and smoked papriko) @ £6.35 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Beetroot and gaats cheese risotto @ £6.00 per 395g (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chocolate surprise pudding @ £5.50 each (chocolate sponge with chocolate sauce in the bottom)(enough for two, plenty for three)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 21st April
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 22nd April between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.