Monday 11th January 2016
- Take a peek at what’s happening at Cornucopia in 2016 – plus a few (uneducated guess) predictions of food trends for the year.
- Lots of interest in cooking classes, I have space on the Thai and the Malaysian class, dates to be confirmed and arranged to suit group (could be weekday or weekend), let me know if you are interested. Take a look at the other classes on offer, many of them too have persons interested.
I am considering a day of Yotam Ottolenghi cooking – do get in touch if this interests you.
- Fight the gloom outside with one (or both) of these inspired curry recipes from Nigel Slater – the tomato and aubergine one is delicious and freezes well.
- If you have intentions of eating more home prepared food, think about cooking double and freezing half – perfect time saver. Here are some great mince recipes to get you going.
Cooking this week:
- Spiced parsnip and peanut soup (let me know if you would like it to be veggie) @ £2.50 for 450ml portion
( wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Vietnamese style venison casserole (with star anise, cinnamon, lemon grass and ginger) @ £6.50 per 400g portion
(wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie or casserole (pie topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £6.30 per 450g portion
(casserole can be wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Puy lentils with mushrooms and preserved lemon ragout @ £6.00 per 375g portion
,(inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi) (wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.20 each
(order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each
(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Sicilian style cheesecake @ £3.00 slice
(a generous slice, which could be shared ) (order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be-able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be-able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be diary and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 14th January
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Friday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email email@example.com.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 15th January between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time.