Monday 10th August 2015
- Rick Stein’s final meal would be Kapuska – sounds delicious and uses the much under appreciated cabbage. There are countless variations on this dish, but this one looks yummy.
- Do you know which every day products contain palm oil? Click here to be informed (it is not only in what we eat)..
It is difficult to avoid, so check the source before purchasing products containing palm oil if you care about people and land.
- You may or may not know that not only is Len Deighton famous for introducing many of us to Harry Palmer a cold war spy, he also has a passion for food and indeed has been published in the food genre. Tim Hayward portrays Len D’s food career in print on this weeks food programme on BBC 4
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer you can follow me on twitter @cornucopiacooks).
Cooking this week
- Chicken, sweetcorn and chili soup @ £2.50 for 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten, wheat free)
- Cottage pie @ £5.85 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen) (gluten free)
- Bolognaise sauce (delicious rich, beef sauce with tomato and a pancetta – yum!) @ £3.75 per 450ml (order fresh or frozen, wheat, gluten and dairy free)
- Chicken tarragon @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen) (gluten free)
- Luxury” macaroni cauliflower cheese (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Caramelised apple panettone bread and butter pudding @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)( order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am, Thursday 13th August
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email sandy@cornucopiacooks.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 14th August (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (alternative arrangements can be made if this time does not suit – just get in touch)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.