Monday 1st December 2014
- The last wine bar of the year “pops up” this Friday at 6pm. We hope you can make it – why not wear your favourite hat?
Iain, Oli and Sandy will judge the best hat at around 10.00pm – a prize for the winner…….
The food and wine theme is France – delicious beef or mushroom bourguignon and dauphinoise potatoes on offer.
- Thinking about food preparations for Christmas – here is another reminder of my Christmas list which could help if you are time poor.
- On Saturday the 13th I will be open for a “Managing the food logistics for Christmas” drop in – pop in to the shop between 10.30am and 1.00pm with any questions or concerns you have and hopefully we can talk them through over a brew.
- Still on the Christmas theme (sorry!), a great gift idea for people who love food and cooking is an edible gift or Cornucopia Voucher – click here for more info
- And still more on that festive theme….
Here are some really, really delicious looking recipes for the festive season, which happen to be vegetarian – should you be looking for inspiration.
- It’s a Sutton Hoo chicken week – let me know if you would like one.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this weekDue to major pie raids on my freezer stock over the last two weeks, this week I will be cooking up a larger selection than usual!
- Mushroom, leek and thyme soup @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Steak and ale pie with or without kidneys topped with shortcrust pastry @ £6.35 per 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb and apricot pie (order as a pie or a gluten free casserole) @ £6.35 for 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Pheasant Normandy ( back by popular demand! an Elizabeth David classic, cooked with cider and apples, finished with calvados and a dash of cream) @ £6.25 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Chicken tagine (with olives and preserved lemon) Sutton Hoo chicken, @ £6.35 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, dairy and gluten)
- Aubergine, chick pea and spinach tagine @ £6.00 for a 400g portion (order fresh or frozen, vegan and gluten free)
- Dauphinoise potatoes with or without beetroot @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen, gluten free and vegetarian)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding (plenty for 2, enough for 3) @ £5.00 per portion
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 4th December
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email sandy@cornucopiacooks.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 5th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (alternative arrangements can be made if this time does not suit – just get in touch)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.