Monday 17th November 2014
- November’s dining club, Thursday 27th, has a celebration of British ingredients menu (beef hotpot with dumplings or mushroom and artichoke hotpot – seriously what’s not to like?). Click here for more info and get in touch if you would like to book.
- It’s a Sutton Hoo chicken week this week, let me know if you would like to order one.
- If you fancy trying a Sutton Hoo chicken and you live in a household of 2, try this one chicken – two people – 3 dinners option. Easy to adapt the recipes for more diners…
- There’s plenty of chatter about sustainable protein. Could Dutch supermarkets latest snack line begin a pioneering solution? Intrigued? Click here.
- Thinking of making your own Christmas cake? Loads of recipes out there, Felicity Cloake does her usual deconstruction thing with the recipe – I’ve tried hers this year, but added dates and treacle (I love a dark version).
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week
- Curried parsnip and peanut soup @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen, gluten free , vegan)
- Coq au vin (made with Sutton Hoo chicken, shallots, button mushrooms, bacon and the all important wine) @ £6.35 per 395g portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Venison casserole (with veg and juniper) @ £6.45 per 410g portion (order fresh or frozen, gluten free)
- Luxury cauliflower macaroni cheese@ £5.25 for a 500g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes with or without beetroot @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen, gluten free and vegetarian)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Sticky apricot and ginger sponge pudding (plenty for 2, enough for 3) @ £5.o0 per portion
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 20th November
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email sandy@cornucopiacooks.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street. Friday 21st (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.