Monday 21st July 2014
- A couple of reminders: the “pop up wine bar” is taking a summer break, we return on Friday 12th September, rumours say the theme will be Portuguese; Cornucopia’s dining club is taking a break too and returns on Thursday September the 18th, booking essential and already coming in…..
- The warm weather seems set to continue. This salad sounds fab and refreshing for a summers evening (peaches, tomatoes and basil may even be home grown!) You may also want to have a go at trying one of these refreshing drinks.
- Not hugely surprising diagram of the 10 companies which put nearly all the food on supermarket shelves: click here
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Courgette, lemon and thyme soup 450ml @ £2.50 (order fresh or frozen) ( vegetarian)
- Chicken Provençal pie (made tomatoes, courgettes and aubergine, topped with shortcrust pastry, using Sutton Hoo chicken) @ £6.30 for 450g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Sweet and sour pork ribs with pineapple and peppers @ £6.25 per portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted summer vegetable and feta crumble @ £5.95 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Various deli platters, click here
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Peach and raspberry tart tatin @ £15.00 (23cm )
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 24th July
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email sandy@cornucopiacooks.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 25th (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.