Monday 19th May 2014
- Not only have the Swedes brought us Wallander, but they also claim to have the worlds first sour dough hotel. Going away this summer, neighbours happy to water the garden, but what about your sour dough culture? Fret no more – Cornucopia Cooks will happily offer board and food (if necessary), just contact me to check space availability and make a reservation…..
- Celebrate the arrival of summer with this months dining club – a Thai menu with amazing fresh, fragrant flavours and optional hot spice for those of you who like it.
- Broad beans are just appearing in the shops, try this delicious looking recipe with new seasons lamb – lamb lollipops with smashed minty broad beans yum!
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
- Broad bean, pea and mint soup @ £2.50 per 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen, this soup is vegan)
- Chicken, mushroom and pancetta baked in red wine – order as a pie or casserole(made with Sutton Hoo chicken) @ £6.30 per 425g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Melanzane alla parmigianno (layers of roasted aubergine, tomato, basil and mozzarella @ £5.95 per 300g portion (suitable for veggies and gluten free – order fresh or frozen)
- Mixed lentil, sun-dried tomato, caramelised red onion and red pepper pie (topped with shortcrust pastry) @ £5.95 per 400g portion (suitable for vegans, order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Eton mess (made with rose water meringues, Jersey double cream and English strawberries) @ £2.95 per single portion
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 22nd May
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email sandy@cornucopiacooks.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 23rd (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.