Monday 28th April 2014
- Can you believe May is nearly here? Hope you can make the May “pop up” wine bar, this Friday from 6pm. We have a South American theme this time…
- This is a chicken week, so if you would like to order a chicken from Sutton Hoo (bank holiday this weekend!), let me know.
- Thank yo to everyone who came to last weeks dining club with a celebration of spring food theme. Slow cooked old (up to 12 months) and new (approx 4 months) season lamb went down well. May’s dining club will have a Thai food theme, click here for info on the dining club and get in touch if you would like to book.
- The readers digest have published an amazing section on the “Future of FOOD” – well worth a look.
- The lovely Nigel Slater has just come back from Japan and has rediscovered the delights of miso. Click here to enjoy.
- Calling all Facebook people – please like Cornucopia Cooks, it only takes a few seconds! (If you prefer twitter, why not follow Cornucopia Cooks)
Cooking this week:
the Cornucopia kitchen will be closed next week (from the 7th to 14th), so stock up on ready meals.
- Cream of asparagus soup @ £3.50 per 450ml portion (order fresh or frozen, this will be made with chicken stock)
- Cornucopia fish pie (made with fresh market fish and topped with parsley mash) @ £6.50 per 500g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Italian beef meatballs baked in a rich tomato and sweet pepper sauce @ £5.95 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Lentil and mushroom balls baked in a rich tomato and sweet pepper sauce (order fresh or frozen, this dish is suitable for vegans)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Dulche de leche coconut baked cheesecake @ 8cm/18cm/24cm (£4.75/£11.00/£15.50)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
If you have any specific requests, please get in touch.
All orders need to be made by 9am Thursday 1st May
I always make a bit extra so if you miss the deadline, give me a call….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email sandy@cornucopiacooks.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), or by credit/debit card for payments over £10.00
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 2nd (3.00pm – 5.00pm) (collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)
If you would like to be added to my weekly mailing list, please contact me.