Monday 5th August 2013
- Beetroot in your garden/allotment/veg box? Looking for ideas of how to use them? Look no further, click here.
- The Kuwaiti company Kout has purchased 81 of the 83 Little Chef restaurants Did you know that Kout also own Maison Blanc restaurants and many of the Taco Bells, Burger Kings and KFCs on our High Streets. Oh yes, and Investcorp – a Saudi based company – own the once Herefordshire Crisp company, Tyrrells. Bright Foods, a Chinese company, owns Weetabix……..
- Fascinating new development to address the apparent over demand for meat in the world – lab grown burgers – baring in mind that 1.4 billion people are overweight / 1 billion are starving. Is the “demand” issue really one of redistribution?
- The Guardian have collected 20 of the best summer recipes they have published over the last ten years, from Rick Stein’s cod curry to Yotam Ottolenghi’s roasted chicken with clementines and arak – click here to see the full list with recipes.
Cooking this week:
- Plenty of soups available in the freezer. Click here.
- Lasagna (made with ground beef in a rich tomato sauce) @ £5.95 per portion (500g) (order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb baked in fresh tomatoes and pesto (order as a pie or casserole) @ £6.25 per portion (380g) (order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, Swiss chard and ricotta lasagna @ £5.95 per portion (450g) (order fresh or frozen)
- Coronation chicken (with pawpaw and mango) @ £3.25 per portion (275g) (order fresh)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
- Classic bread and butter pudding @ £4.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
- Lemon tart @ £15.00 each (23cm diameter) (order fresh or frozen)
- All foods are made fresh, by me.
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be-able to omit/substitute certain ingredients.
- If you have any requests, let me know and I will try to fit them into a future weeks cooking list.
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 9th (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)