Monday 3rd June 2013
- Why cooking matters. If you missed the food programme yesterday it’s worth a listen (either on iplayer or today, Monday, at 3.30pm on radio 4)
- Scientists have drawn up a fascinating list of 100 plants you should try before you die! How many have you already sampled? Click here for list.
- Last weeks Thai dining club was a great success, June’s dining club menu will be a celebration of summer (it seems to have arrived!). Click here for more details or to book.
Cooking this week:
please note change of collection times this week
- Sundried tomato and basil soup @ £2.50 for 450ml (order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb tagine with dates and apricots @ £6.00 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Beef meatballs in a rich tomato, olive and oregano sauce @ £5.85 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Preserved lemon couscous @ £2.50 for 450ml (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury dark chocolate brownies (with or without walnuts), @ £1.85 each delicious served with fresh English strawberries and Jersy cream
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls (order them fresh or frozen) @ £2.20 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer. Click here
Collection will be from 1 High Street, Friday 31st (3.00pm – 5.00pm)
(collection can be arranged from Golsby butchers if you can’t make these times)