Banana and chocolate button cake
This delicious banana cake recipe is from my friend Carol, a great baker, who claims not to like chocolate!
250g soft brown sugar
250g self raising flour
4 ripe bananas (roughly mashed)
100g chocolate buttons
20 – 23cm square cake tin or similar , greased and bottom lined with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F/ Gas4
- Cream the sugar and butter together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking/beating all the time.
- Fold in the self raising flour (sift if you like), the bananas and the buttons.
- Transfer to the greased and lined tin, place in the oven and bake for 40 – 45 minutes until springy to the touch or a squewer comes out clean.
- When cool, transfer to a cooling rack.
You can cut into squares and store in a tin once cold (it will keep better if you cut as required, should keep for a good 4 – 5 days, will also freeze well).